The adult class is designed for adult students aged 18 years or over who are willing to learn ballet for their own rejuvenation. Students of this class are typically beginners; however, former dance students and professionals can also attend it.
Apart from the students’ experience, aim of the class is to train them without following the demanding program a dance career would need.
Below are five reasons to persuade you attend an adult ballet class:
1. It is beautiful. If interested in attending an adult ballet class, either you used to attend it, or you were always thinking of dance as an enchanting piece of art. Once again, you will find yourself in a cozy environment, reminding you of your childhood or you will get the chance to fulfill your child dream. You will be taught movements that will introduce you to synchronization and elegance. Classical music fills the class with piano, flute and violin notes. The adult class is full of artistic inspiration, exploration and respect.
2. There is no pressure. Many beginners mistakenly think that they will look silly and people will laugh at them. This is not the case. In adult classes there is no pressure for progress or career success. A great number of high-level students attend these classes, as they are not as demanding, as their professional training workout. The students can relax, enjoy the music and not be stressed about being perfect.
3. It is beneficial for health. Adult ballet is an excellent alternative to traditional aerobic exercise. If you are bored of the treadmill, ballet is a body challenge, as it exercises all the basic muscles. It enhances balance, increases joint mobility and enforces vitality and strength. Among others, ballet preserves normal blood circulation, as students are in continuous movement. Although the class form remains the same, no class is similar to a previous one, a fact that enhances mental skills of the students or their ability to learn quickly new things-ideas. Adult classes boost self-esteem and social interaction.
4. It is affordable. Professional training in classical dance can be extremely expensive; however this is not the case for adult classes, which are an affordable alternative. Adult classes are offered in professional schools, studios, rejuvenation centers and municipal spaces. Payment can be made at the end of each class; however, most students prefer to pay by a special card used for 8-10 classes. Payments can be made direct to the ballet school and sometimes via internet. With this card, students gain time, but also money because of the special prices offered.
5. You are not required to wear tutu. You can leave tutu at home except if you are part of the role of Sugar Plum Fairy in the “Nutcracker”. In this class it is not needed (and you are not encouraged) to dress like a 5-year old child. The body and leggings is the outfit needed for every classical ballet class. However, you can also wear any comfortable garment that facilitates your movement, such as yoga pants with a sleeveless T-shirt. Adult classes are an excellent way to keep your shape, gain from classical education and remain socially active. Still hesitating? Well, there is no need to…. Adult ballet class is a unique group that welcomes students of different social groups and dance levels aiming at free expression. Remember, no matter how old you are, it is never late to start learning ballet.